At IBC 2015 Atomos has announced a new Studio version of the Shogun, new AtomOS6.5, and major price drops to their HD lineup.
Shogun Studio is a rack recorder that features 4K & HD monitoring and recording. It is dual channel, so it can simultaneously record 2 inputs with your choice of resolution (up to 4K 30p or HD 120p). It also features built-in scopes, as well as 4K to HD down scaling (either to use with other HD gear or for simultaneous master/proxy recording at different resolutions.
US: $ 3495 ex. TAX
EU: € 3495 ex. VAT
GBP: £ 2595 ex. VAT
Ninja Assassin was released prior to IBC and is currently available in stores. It is the 4K upgrade to the Ninja series of recorders, delivering 325ppi monitoring on a 7″ monitor. It allows you to record 10-bit 4:2:2 4K footage across Apple, Avid, and Adobe workflows. And it only weighs 430g (15 oz).
US: $ 1295 ex. TAX
EU: € 1295 ex. VAT
GBP: £ 899 ex. VAT
- Motion Blur added to Time-lapse, blurring up to 64 continuous frames together in one sequence
- New and improved frame guides added for 16:9, 2.40:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, 4:3
- 1:1 and 2:1 zoom can now be selected when anamorphic de-squeeze is enabled
Shogun will receive all of the above features, as well as the following:
- Canon C500 Raw and C300 Mk II Raw to ProRes and DNXHR recording, giving C500 users a viable 4K recording solution and C300MKII users a cost effective alternative to CFast recording media
- New 3D LUT’s preloaded onto the unit specifically for C500 and C300 MkII
- Start/stop trigger for JVC and Ikegami camera triggers
- Added LTC input via the Genlock input
New Pricing on HD Products
- Samurai Blade: US: $ 495 ex. TAX, EU: € 495 ex. VAT, GBP: £ 349 ex. VAT
- Ninja Blade: US: $ 495 ex. TAX, EU: € 495 ex. VAT, GBP: £ 349 ex. VAT
- Ninja 2: US: $ 295 ex. TAX, EU: € 295 ex. VAT, GBP: £ 209 ex. VAT
The Atomos booth at IBC is 9.D25.